In line with State Government easing of restrictions on sport and exercise, the 50 metre pool at GESAC has opened for lap swimming from Monday 28 September 2020 and Carnegie Swim Centre will open from November 1.
- Session will be restricted to 45 minutes and bookings are essential.
- Membership fees will continue to be waived and will be reviewed in line with the easing of restrictions.
- Casual entry prices will be charged online upon booking.
To monitor the number of people in our facilities, we will be using a booking system for all visits.
Click the Booking links to book your lap swimming pool session.
Please see Terms and Conditions surrounding booking below.
How do I book?
You can book up to seven days in advance.
You can select the available sessions/s you want, enter your details and pay online.
You will receive a digital ticket which you present to the gate for entry, along with photo ID, so we know it's you.
What is the cost?
The following fees apply during the Stage 3 Lockdown:
- Adult: $7.95
- Child/Concession: $6.90 (with presentation of valid concession card)
- Over 70’s Concession Resident: $2 (11am to 3pm weekdays only with presentation of concession card showing Glen Eira Address)
CARNEGIE SWIM CENTRE
- Adult: $6.95
- Concession: $5.10 (with presentation of valid concession card on arrival for swim)
- Over 70’s Concession Resident: $2 (11am to 3pm weekdays only with presentation of concession card showing Glen Eira Address on arrival for swim)
Can I pay cash?
No. To ensure safety and reduce the chance of transmission, only online payments will be available at this time.
What if I need a carer?
If you require a carer, that's not a problem. Simply make a booking through our website, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the booking details and provide us with your carers information (full name, contact information, address etc.). A member of our administration team will contact you to confirm your booking and the carers information. To qualify as a carer you must provide us with a valid carers card or companion card.
Can I use my membership or visit passes?
No. While we are only able to offer limited services, only casual payments will be available. As restrictions ease, we will reinstate memberships and multi-visit pass options.
How long do I have for my session?
Session are 45-minutes. We will endeavour to allow you to access the pool 5 minutes before each session to allow time to get changed, so you can maximise your swimming time. This is dependent on cleaning and preparation after the previous session. If you're late, you will miss out on your booking, so please be on time.
What should I bring?
The following are Mandatory and Optional items you should bring with you when attending our facilities:
- Ticket for entry: Either displayed on device or printed.
- Face Masks: Should be worn during your visit, except for the time you are swimming.
- Photo Identification: We may request this from you to grant entry so please have it available.
- Concession Card: Required for concession pricing.
- Companion Card: May be requested to determine if you are the carer for registered user.
- Appropriate Footwear: Sandals, Thongs or Shoes to protect your feet.
- Goggles or Swimming Aids: We will not have any equipment available for loan or sale due to health reasons so you will need to bring your own if you require it to swim.
- Dressing Gowns or Robes: To provide an efficient way to get dressed quickly. Remember, there are no change room facilities allowed so consider what works best for you.
- Water Bottle: We highly recommend staying hydrated when exercising.
What facilities are available?
The 50m pool will be available for lap swimming only. Change rooms and other amenities will remain closed. Portable toilets will be provided.
Is there an option for rehabilitation or aqua play lanes?
No. The 50m pool will be available for lap swimming only. Once restrictions ease further and we can open more pools, rehabilitation and aqua play lanes will become available.
Can I refund my ticket?
Yes, tickets can be refunded. Please contact email@example.com at least 24 hrs before your booking or as early as possible (within business hours Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm). If you fail to attend your booking, then your fee may not be refundable unless there is an extenuating circumstance. Be sure to set a reminder, so bookings don't go to waste. All refund request will be judged on a case to case basis.
To reduce the risk of transmission, we will not be able to hold any left behind items of clothing. If we consider an item to be of significant value like a watch or a phone, we will hold the item but only for a limited time before handing it over to authorities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you think you have left something of value behind.
Can I attend the facility as a spectator?
No. For this initial opening, only lap swimmers will be given access to the pools. However, if you need a carer, an exception will be made.
Where do I go?
GESAC: Entry will be via the side entrance gate next to the softball pavilion. Use the following map as a guide. Don't worry, we will have plenty of signage to guide you.
CARNEGIE SWIM CENTRE: Main roller door entrance.
Who can I speak to at the venue?
To keep our staff safe, we will not be offering face to face enquiries. However, we can still answer your questions. Just give us a call on 9575 7100 or email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 conditions of entry and use
The following conditions of entry and use apply to access Glen Eira Leisure facilities.
- I am currently in good health.
- I will practice social distancing of 1.5 metres at all times when in this facility.
- I will utilise the hygiene stations that are located throughout the facility.
- I will avoid touching my face, nose and mouth to help prevent the spread of germs.
- I will cover coughs and sneezes to help prevent the spread of germs.
- I will comply with any guidelines or directions from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, as well as any instructions by Council staff, at all times when in this facility.
- I have provided information which is true and correct to the best of my ability, and I will comply with the above requirements to help Glen Eira Leisure Management maintain a COVID-19 safe facility.
- We encourage you to download the Coronavirus Australia app.
- You must not travel more than 25km from where you live to exercise. You can also exercise within 25km of your workplace if you are a permitted worker, but you will have to carry your permitted worker permit.
- You must limit your exercise to twice a day and for no more than two hours in total
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, stay home, seek advice and get tested. To get further advice, visit the Department of Health and Human Services’ website at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au
If you have any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org