Our supervision policies
To assist with safety, GESAC strictly enforces the national Watch Around Water supervision policies as follows:
Children under five years old
- Children under five years of age must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian and remain within arm's reach.
Children under 10 years old
- Children under 10 years old must be actively supervised by a parent/guardian while in the aquatic area of the Centre. The parent/guardian must be 16 years and over and adhere to all conditions of entry.
- The parent/guardian must position themself to have a clear view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child.
Children 10 years and older
- For children 10 years and older, parents must use their knowledge of the child's swimming ability to determine the level of accompaniment required.
- Parent/guardians are not required to be present in the Centre.
Please note: For the health and safety of all guests, we ask that parents and guardians support us in following these policies. Those who do not will be asked to exit the pool.