In line with State Government easing of restrictions on sport and exercise, GESAC will extend our staged reopening to include Gym and Group Fitness, 50 metre and Wellness Pool from Monday 22 June 2020.
The 25 and 50 metre pools at Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre (GESAC) are open with limited hours for lap swimming on Monday 22 June.
- Our 50 and 25 metre pools will operate with a maximum of 20 people per space and 3 people per lane.
- The Wellness pool will be available to 9 people.
- Session will be restricted to 45 minutes and bookings are essential.
- Membership fees will continue to be waived and will be reviewed in line with the easing of restrictions.
- COVID-19 period casual entry prices will be charged with an option of a COVID-19 Aquatic Membership.
To monitor the number of people in our facilities, we have introduced a booking system for all visits.
Click the Booking links to book your 50, 25 meter or Wellness pool session.
Please see Terms and Conditions surrounding booking below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Preferred payment option is via EFTPOS.
COVID-19 period casual entry prices will be charged on arrival during this time:
- General Aquatic $7.95
- General Aquatic Concession $6.90
- Glen Eira residents over 70’s Concession Aquatics $2 per session (11am – 3pm)
- Glen Eira residents over 70’s Aquatics $6.95 per session (11am – 3pm)
- COVID-19 Aquatic Membership — $25.00 per fortnight Direct Debit ( To sign up to this membership offer click here)
- You can enter the facility strictly no more than five minutes before your booked session.
- You must enter the facility within five minutes of your session start time. Late arrivals will not be carried over to the next session time.
- Automatic entrance doors will be locked and Glen Eira Leisure staff will allow you access.
- Present your "TryBooking" ticket on arrival at reception, either printed or on your phone.
- No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Patrons under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a supervising adult (watch around water rules apply). The supervising adult must also book in for the session time.
- Wellness pool is for use of people 16 years old and older unless GEL has been notified of medical clearance.
- Spa, Sauna, Steam Room, Leisure Pool and Water Slides remain closed.
- No access to drinking fountains.
- Main Aquatics change rooms and showers closed due to upgrades.
What to bring for your swim
- Swimmers should bring their own equipment (eg. training aids), shared equipment will not be in use.
- Filled water bottle.
- PLEASE SHOWER AT HOME BEFORE ENTERING THE POOL
- Pool deck rinse showers are available prior to entering the pool. Every second shower in the family change room will be open.
Spectators and carers
- Only swimmers will be permitted inside the building. Spectators or non-lap swimming children will be unable to attend with you.
- If you are required to bring a carer, please book over the phone on 9575 7100 so we can reserve two places for you.
Cancellation and no shows conditions
- You can cancel your booking (return ticket) up to two hours prior to the session starting. Refer to your TryBooking confirmation email to do this.
- All no shows will be contacted by a Glen Eira Leisure staff
- Participants that no show twice may result in restricted access to Glen Eira Leisure facilities and services for two weeks
COVID-19 conditions of entry and use
The following conditions of entry and use apply to access Glen Eira Leisure facilities.
- I am currently in good health.
- I will practice social distancing of 1.5 metres at all times when in this facility.
- I will utilise the hygiene stations that are located throughout the facility.
- I will avoid touching my face, nose and mouth to help prevent the spread of germs.
- I will cover coughs and sneezes to help prevent the spread of germs.
- I will comply with any guidelines or directions from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, as well as any instructions by Council staff, at all times when in this facility.
- I have provided information which is true and correct to the best of my ability, and I will comply with the above requirements to help Glen Eira Leisure Management maintain a COVID-19 safe facility.
- We encourage you to download the Coronavirus Australia app.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, stay home, seek advice and get tested. To get further advice, visit the Department of Health and Human Services’ website at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au
If you have any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org